at last the Highland Wildlife Park brochure is finished and can be viewed here, I have made it into an interactive brochure so it can be shown online and the viewer can turn the pages with their mouse, just hover over the corners and they will start to curl. As I had tried to embed it here without success it is now on my website and can be found here.
Hopefully I will find a way of embeding it here on my blog soon.
As I was sending another file to a printing company to be printed I also sent this file to get a few brochures printed. I didn’t have to do this for this project but I wanted to try this pinters services to see how quick they are and the quality of their work. It will be handy for my presentation to have a few brochures to hand around and once I find a good reliable printing company that are happy to do small runs I will stick with them to print anything that I require in the future for college, my online shop or future clients.
just in case you missed the link CLICK HERE TO SEE BROCHURE
The brochure is coming together nicely.
I had a wee problem when I was trying to add copyright text to some of the images, but discovered this was because I had text wrap on them so this stopped me from adding text onto them. I knew there was a way to do this so thank goodness for tutorials on Youtube I got a round this by not using text wrap on the images and drawing my own text boxes using the pen tool. This way the main text can wrap around the image and then allow me to add text on top of images.
Started to develop the front cover and soon found out that my initial idea of a wolfs face within a claw print was not a strong enough idea and just didn’t work well. So tried a few othe thing and one thing led to another and I have a cover which I feel works. I will however step back from this for a while and look at it again with fresh eyes to see if there is anything that could be added or changed.
I have been working on putting my brochure for the Highland Wildlife Park together. Some pages are pretty much near completed while some I’ve hardly touched. The cover is in the early stages of development but the whole brochure is starting to come together. I am using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign to create the brochure. Even though George Cox and Trevor Russell have supplied me with photographs that I could use for this project there were still some animals, birds and fish I needed to find. I had some photographs of my own that I have used and the few that were still needed which I aquired from Flickr and found photographs under the Creative Commons license.
I also created a muddy boot print to walk across the bottom of the pages
Progress so far
I have been thinking about the colours that I had tried for my logo, I like it in black and white (as all logos should work in black and white) but I need to incorporate the colour theme in it. Some of the colourways that I tried yesterday defintley do not work, so I have been thinking about where this logo will be used. It will be on all litrature for the Highland Wildflife Park and in a lot of these the logo will be fine being black and white, but will sometimes be used in colour. The logo will also be on all the staff uniforms, so with this being a Highland Wildlife Park, my thinking is that most of the employees will be wearing t-shirts, sweatshirts, fleeces and baseball caps and these will most probably be a dark green in colour. So the logo will need to be able to be seen on a dark green background, this led me to trying it out in a couple of colours to see what it could look like.
T-shirts, caps, fleeces might also be for sale within the Park Gift Shop along with other Highland Wildlife Park merchandise.
I found the PSD files of clothing on Deviant Art and they were created by The Apparel Guy, I’m getting quite a collection now of PSD templates.
***After thought*** I MUST REMEMBER TO ADD THE TAGLINE ….. “A bit on the wild side!”
Thanks to George Cox of Derbyshire Wildlife and Landscape Photography who has given me permission to use some of his photographs, my list of photographs still to source is becoming smaller.
I still need to source
- pine martin
and the deadline for having all my images is getting far too near. I might be able to score the trout off the list as I have a photograph of a trout I caught and released, but unfortunately I have never managed to catch a salmon on the evenings I was lucky enough to fish the River Dee.
Well I must admit that I feel I am falling behind with my schedule slightly, over the holiday week I’ve been staying in rural Aberdeenshire and catching up with friends. I have got my laptop with me and a slow broadband connection so have been doing some work when I can.
I am struggling slightly to source all the photographs that I require for free. I have emailed a couple of photographers asking their permission to use a few of their photos, but so far have received “no’s” from the ones who have got back to me. I am still waiting on 2 photographers replying so keeping my fingers crossed. I have managed to source some of the photographs for free from sxc.hu but I’m still looking for
- pine martins
Hoping to have all my photographs within the next day or so.
I have also managed this week to try the logo design in a variety of colourways using the colour theme which I have picked for this brochure concept. When I return home these will all be printed off so I can see how they look printed and then my thoughts will be annotated on the files. There are some colour combinations that I can see defintley are not working for the logo. I must remember to use the tagline “A bit on the wild side!” when I am putting the logo on the cover design.
One last thought! I’m thinking that maybe the cover of the brochure might be more illustrative than phootgraphic, but I will see how this works out once I start developing more and putting the brochure pages together.